Saturday, March 31, 2012

Return to the Fatherland


I packed up nine books including my screenwriting books, The Ends of the Earth, Beyond the Sky and the Earth, The Dharma of Dragons and Daemons, The Tao Te Ching, Poisonwood Bible, The Unfinished Tales of Numenor and Middle-Earth, and 101 Celtic Knotwork Patterns. I also packed up my Bud Lite piggy bank since it has alcohol content and my gong and took my dirty clothes in my laundry hamper since I wouldn't have to pay to wash them at home.
Jack's dad came and picked us up and I got home. Then my dad picked me up as it was his weekend to have me. We ate dinner at Pei Wei, an Asian restaurant. Then we went to Half Price Books. I ended up buying a book called Things Fall Apart by a Nigerian novelist Chinua Achebe, which I read in high school. I thought the novel seemed to have a great deal of Buddhist themes and I remember hearing Chinua say in an interview that he had great sympathy for Buddhism.
             The next day, in addition to working on my screenplays for half an hour, I also decided to play my flute for half an hour every day, at least during the spring break. I read three chapters of Things Fall Apart and nearly a hundred pages of The Ends of the Earth. The next morning, my dad, my grandparents and I had brunch at La Peep restaurant.
The next morning my dad took me home to my mom's. She and Dave were in Philadelphia visiting my relatives and would be back tonight. I feed the pets that day and the next morning Mom and Dave got home. On Wednesday I finished reading The Ends of the Earth and I emptied the dishwasher as I did before I went to UCM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment