Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Many Reunions


On Sunday I called Jack and asked if he and Tyler would want to get together at my house on Wednesday and he said yes. The next day I went to my art class with Jack and I got a call from a woman named Danielle asking me to take part in a THRIVE focus group. My phone had broken earlier so I couldn’t answer it, but when I got home I was able to talk to Danielle and she asked me if I could talk on the phone on Wednesday at 10am about what went well with the THRIVE program and what didn’t and I agreed. Then at 7 I went to work and at 10 I got off.
            The next day my mom and I rearranged my altar a little bit. I put up images of Tibetan Buddhist saints and so on who I recite mantras to in my daily meditation, including the White Tara, a manifestation of the Green Tara; Chenrizig, the Bodhisattva of Compassion who the current Dalai Lama is believed to be a manifestation of; Manjushri, the Bodhisattva of Wisdom; and Padmasambhava, an Indian Buddhist monk who brought Buddhism to Tibet. I got these images from a pack of cards my dad bought me while I was in tenth grade.
I went to get a new phone for me before I went with her to her yoga class. After that we got home and then went to eat at Saigon 39 before going to see the movie Moonrise Kingdom. Overall, I thought it was pretty good and I liked the story line. After we got out of the movie theater, we saw in the parking lot a small stray kitten. We tried to grab it, but it got away. After we couldn’t find it, Mom left it some of her chicken from the restaurant and I left it some of my rice and vegetables.
The next day I took part in the THRIVE focus group with Hillary, Zach, Gabe, and Dave. I told them that what I was ready for the THRIVE program partly as a result of having gone to Johnson County Community College for three years, that I liked about the THRIVE program was how I began exercising regularly after taking Adaptive PE, how I learned to become a better textbook reader, and how I learned to ask for help. After the focus group was over, Tyler and Jack came over and we swam, ate lunch, and I gave them a grand tour of the house.  That night after they had left, I went with my Granddad to Winstead’s, then Barnes and Noble, then the Pathless Land. The next day I went to my art class then went to the library to pick up the DVD of Casablanca that I ordered.
On Saturday I helped pull weeds from the back patio in preparation for a party for people from Dave’s choir. I went over to my friend Erin’s house and we watched two movies, The History of the Celts and Good Fortune, a movie about why foreign aid in Africa is doing the opposite of what it was intended to do, since we both have an interest in history and political science. After I got home I took Wally for a long walk and I called work and found out I work on Monday from 7 to 10, Wednesday from 10 to 4, and Friday from 1:30 to 10. The next day I went to Yoga class with my mom and Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment