Thursday, October 31, 2013

Labor Day Weekend 2013


On Friday before Labor Day I read more of the assigned reading of The Odyssey before my Drawing I class started.  Then at class I perfected some more of my lines in drawing and learned to make lines heavier where there is space between two objects.  After class I read more of The Odyssey and I saw Paige and new student in THRIVE, Candy, in the cafeteria.  I also sat with Ryan, David, Mardy, and Ryan’s new roommate Connor.  Afterwards I went to my World Masterpieces class where I got a three out of five on a quiz.  Then I rode home with Alex Place and his mom.  When I got home I worked on one of my bags woven from bags and my Algebra homework.  The next day after I did my meditation I read a little more of my book Sahara: A Natural History and worked on my Algebra homework some more. Then I read some more of Sahara at Starbucks.

On the first day of the month I went down to Bruce Smith and got the most recent issue of National Geographic. Then I went and ate at Starbuck’s while I read an article in my magazine about artists in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which was pretty interesting I thought. When I got back I worked on my Algebra homework some more before taking some photos. Then Emily and I texted each other back and forth. Before we left she said, “Love u,” and I said, “I love you to. Then I talked to Tyler some.
The next day before I got out of bed, Emily and I talked on the phone and we wished each other a happy Labor Day. Before we hung up, I said, “I love you,” and she said, “I love you to.” Later I got a call from my Granddad saying he and my grandmom would pick me up at three then get Alex before taking me back to UCM. I called Alex and told him the plan. Later I struggled some with the practice quiz for my Algebra class but I did learn how to do the problems better.
My grandparents came and got me and we picked up Alex. Driving back, I hoped to get there at four, have dinner, finish my quiz at the library as I was having trouble with my Ethernet cord, but on our way back, after we had driven for twenty minutes, I realized I had forgotten my key and we drove back for it. Alex and my grandparents thankfully were very good about it. As I got my key I also brought some watercolor pencils thinking I would make more mani stones, and a Buddhist crossword puzzle, just in case I was ever looking for something to do. On my way back I also realized more of how to make my bird carved from wood, my handbag for Emily, and I thought, some penguins from snack wrappers. Finally at about 4:40 we got back. I said goodbye to my grandparents and put my things away then headed for the library, only to find it closed. On my way back I still couldn’t help but take pictures. But I got back and consistently could not get my internet to work and had trouble getting onto Mathxl on my phone. After I ate dinner, I tried some more to get my internet to work, desperate to finish the quiz. I talked to one of my neighbors from across the hall, but she had nothing. Then I talked to Maria and she said I would have to go to the Ward Edwards building tomorrow. Then I got back to my room trying to get my internet to work, experimenting with plugging the cord into a different outlet, and, finally, it worked.
I ate dinner, trying to hurry and get my quiz done, until I saw some apple pie and was encouraged to slow down. I got back and texted Emily back and forth a little bit. Finally I told her I had to get back to my math homework. She sent me a text with a frown face and told her I know, but I have to do it. She said, “Love u,” and I said, “I love you to.” I attempted the quiz so many times without getting one hundred percent needed to move on, each time getting so close and I even chose to stay behind from the Rec Center. Finally, literally after hours, I got one hundred percent.
Feeling triumphant over passing, I sort of made three penguins from snack wrappers then I texted Tyler, Jack, Oscar, and Elizabeth wishing them all a happy Labor Day. Oscar texted me back saying, “Thanks. You too man.” Elizabeth texted me back wishing me a happy Labor Day to and asked me how I was enjoying UCM. I told her I was loving it and asked her what she was doing. She said she was living at home and working and number of part-time jobs and asked me when I would be home again. I told her I didn’t know but would let her know when I did and said perhaps we could meet then. She said that would be great and told me to enjoy UCM. Finally I called my mom telling her how I got back ok and how I finished the Algebra quiz. She said that was great and reminded me not to forget to take breaks and have time for myself and I said I would do that.

 
 
       


No comments:

Post a Comment