Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day at Home and Graduation

On my day at home before the graduation day, my mom and I picked up my grandmother at the airport and after that, I got a haircut and a miniature bust of Abraham Lincoln at Bruce Smith Drug’s to put on my desk. I rode my bike around town afterwards and the next day before I went to graduation my grandmom gave me a fifty dollar check and she gave me a present from my Aunt Nini: a Sayings of the Buddha Journal. Then we drove down to Warrensburg for my graduation ceremony and after they had announced the THRIVE program they called my name and I went up and got my certificate. When they called up the Harmon School of Business and Technology I couldn’t stop watching and listening for when they called out Cassie’s name and she went up to get her degree, knowing I would miss her next year when she wasn’t at UCM, but when they called her name and she got her degree, I also felt happy for her knowing she was one step closer to achieving her goals. 
                After the ceremony I met up with Cassie and we congratulated each other. I met up with my dad and his parents and my grandparents gave me a hundred dollar debit card. Then I went to a graduation part for THRIVE in the Union and we each got these little wooden pens pencils with our names carved into it and enjoyed some cake. Tyler also gave me a book as a parting gift before I left. After that, my mom, Dave, and my grandmom drove back home. After we got back I pulled several weeds in our garden and patio and I went to Jack’s graduation party where I got the chance to see Jack and Oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment