Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Labor Day Weekend 2014


On the first day of Labor Day weekend, I went to Mickey Surplus’s army surplus store with my dad, Cam, and Nora, where I ended up getting a paracord bracelet making kit, a length of nearly one hundred feet of paracord, and a military can opener, which I assumed could also be used as a bottle opener when I didn’t have my pocketknife due to going through airport security to get home from Colorado. While I was there, I also got four calls from the same number. When I got home, I returned the call and found out they were from Paige, the new THRIVE student, who called me to wish me a happy Labor Day. Later on, I went to Starbuck’s as I had done so often before the summer started and read more of Water Touching Stone. I also found some time to talk to my friend Tyler. I also make another one of my leather braided bracelets for the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network of Kansas City’s silent auction to be held in November. I did that again the next day and got a soda from Better Cheddar, from which I got a new bottle cap for my collection. I also ate dinner at the Hereford House with my dad, Cam, and my grandparents. The next day I went back to UCM and continued one with my life as a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment