Monday, April 8, 2013

Warrensburg, Missouri, March 23-29, 2013

My dad and I ate at Crazy Dog’s for lunch when I got into Warrensburg and I ate there for dinner later as the Dining Hall was closed. I also worked on my Tibetan Buddhist mandala wall piece made from toilet paper rolls. Then next day Phillip helped me get my internet working in my dorm (I only needed to plug my Ethernet cord into a different plug) so I could do some Essential Managing Information homework. I also sent drafts of my e-mails to the heads of departments to Dr. Mayfield to see what she thought of them.

                The next day I worked on my travel plans to South Africa during study hall and I realized the upcoming weekend was Easter weekend and I got invited by Tyler to go to the Down Syndrome Guild (a dance) with him and Mary which I thought was on Friday from 7:30-9:30 at the Overland Park Community Center which was a block away from my dad’s house and I agreed to then called my mom to tell her that I would be coming home that weekend and about the dance. The next day I got some fruit snacks and the latest National Geographic Traveler magazine at Bi-Lo Mart and I used two socks from the trash in the laundry room to insulate two of Tyler’s water bottles. I used the leftover box from one of the fruit snack packs to make another shelf row for my toilet paper roll dioramas and I worked some more on my travel plans to South Africa in study hall. The next day I made an appointment with Dr. Mayfield for the next day at two and I realized it might take a while for the group to get started and finding classes for next year.   
The next day I went to that appointment and Dr. Mayfield said that I ought to make an appointment with Krisana West, the academic advisor, and find an individualized major and said that she thought my e-mail to the heads of departments were great and suggested I add the Special Education and Communications Disorders departments to. We decided on 3:00 on Wednesdays for the meetings and reserved rooms for the rest of the semester. We also decided I would type up interest surveys and peer mentor contracts. After the meeting I went to the Office of Student Activities and found out I need to submit a form I have before I submit my constitution on-line and that the group’s constitution can just say it doesn’t do fundraising or dues. Later I found out Transition Planning II class was cancelled because of a family illness of Mr. B’s so Tyler and I used that time to play Frisbee. Unfortunately Tyler’s Frisbee fell below the terrace near the dining hall but I climbed down to get it. Afterwards, Tyler, Jack, and I played Frisbee in the Ellis courtyard. Then my mom arrived and took home Jack, Tyler, and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment